This recipe comes from a dear friend of mine, Sister Bailey. She was the Relief Society advisor when I served in the Relief Society in Ogden. As always, I added a few of my own modifications at the end. Try it out and let me know what you think!
CHEX MIX1 cup sugar
1 cup light karo syrup
3/4 cup butter
1/2 box Golden Grahams
1/2 box Rice Chex
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
Bring sugar, karo syrup and butter to a boil. Boil for about 1 minute. Mix Golden Grahams, Rice Chex, coconut and almonds in large bowl. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients until well coated. Store in an air tight container.
Modification: I normally double the recipe for a bigger batch. And I just dump in the coconut and almonds until I think it looks like a good amount with the cereal. I also add extra Golden Grahams sometimes if I want it to be sweeter and crunchier.








6 comments:
Hey that looks tasty! I am excited to try it out!
Hey why does you blog make you do some weird word verification thing in order to post comments?
I forgot I had put that on there. My sister and friend both us it to moderate their comments but, I didn't like it so I just took it off!! :)
Good - it was bugging me! :)
And we wouldn't want that now would we?!?!
you can never make this again in our house! we ate the whole pot!
Post a Comment