Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm an Aunt for the 12th time


Ms. Holly Beth Little was born today. I was talking to Monica at about 10:30 last night. Jokingly I asked her if she had her baby yet. She said, "No I haven't had her yet. I think I will have her sometime this week." She neglected to tell me she was having contractions while we were talking.

I went to the gym this morning but when I came back I left my phone in my car. When I went out to go to work I had a message on my phone from Monica. I thought she was calling to tell me that she had booked her flight for her trip to Texas in June. But, no...the message said, "I had Holly last night. We just wanted to let you know. You can call either me or Scott if you want." She was so calm and acted like it was no big deal. I love Monica. She is so funny!

I stopped at the hospital this morning before going to work. Holly is so beautiful. She has the cutest, roundest little face. It was amazing that I was holding her just four short hours after she was born. Scott says she has no problems eating so I know we will be fast friends. She already told me today that I was her favorite aunt. Sorry everyone what can you do?

2 comments:

Twinkie said...

That's so amazing that Holly not only has her own blog, but that she can talk too and tell you that you are her favorite aunt! Children these days are just getting more and more gifted. Imagine how amazing and talented our kids will be.....when we eventually get around to having them. :)

Anonymous said...

Of course I am her favorite. Isn't she darling.