One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to learn to like to read books. I don't hate to read books. I just don't do it very often so I am not that good at it but, I am trying to force myself to be better. My roommate loves the book The Alchemist by the Brazilian author Paulo Coelho. Of course I became interested in reading the book because the author is from Brazil. What don't I love that is from Brazil?The book is a story of a shepherd boy who sets out to find his own personal legend. The book gave me a sense of hope and direction. It is incredibly optimistic. It suggests a new and different way of looking at the world and why things happen in different ways to different people. Basically the thought is that we are all in the world trying to realize our personal legends or destinies. But we can't reach them the same way because none of our legends are the same. I was slightly disappointed by the ending. I wanted there to be more. I wanted the story to continue. I guess that means I was hooked. It was a good book. You should give it a read.








5 comments:
Hey Eunie,
We read this book for our book club last year and I really liked it too!
Hey Babes. I'm trying to force myself to read. My next book "Twilight" Who is the author?
Oh my goodness, you will not have to force yourself to read that at all. After you read the first few pages you will be hooked! I've read it twice and I would totally read it again - I know I'm a freak! The author is Stephenie Meyer. Read it!!!
Awesome. I will pick it up tomorrow now that I am unemployed for 5 days. Yeehaw!!
I want to know what you think as soon as you start! See I am a total freak!!!
Post a Comment