Thursday, May 12, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011

I look forward to the Race for The Cure every year.  This year I experienced more excitement because my Mom decided to participate.


Colette also came to the race again this year.


Kim came and brought a lot of her family members which made for a very fun, emotional race.   I am so proud of my mom for deciding she wanted to walk the race with us.  When we started we thought we would participate in the 1 mile walk.  As we got to the 1 mile marker Mom decided she wanted to go the entire distance.  I was so happy she was pushing herself for such a great cause. 



Breast Cancer or any cancer for that matter is no respecter of persons.  It effects the old, the young, the happy, the healthy, the depressed.  It is an awful disease.  The Race for The Cure is a fight specifically against Breast Cancer.  I am happy to participate and hopefully make a small difference in the lives of women, friends, husbands and children that have to experience the trials of this disease. 

2 comments:

calittle14 said...

That is so cool! Good job! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Aubrey said...

I'm so sad I missed it this year.