Monday, September 13, 2010

Elephant Rock



Looking west to the Great Salt Lake



The Trail


A few weeks after I got Charlie, he and I hiked to Elephant Rock. It's a little hike here in Bountiful up the canyon to a rock that looks like an elephant (only a little bit like an elephant in my opinion). It is about 6 miles round trip. We started a little late so by the time we got to the top of the trail the sun was going done. I hadn't planned for the dark. So, Charlie and I started to run. We ran most of the way down but then it got to dark for me to see so we had to walk. I kept trying to use my phone as a flash light but it didn't work to well. We did however make it down safely and both had a great time. Charlie met several other dogs on the trail. He loved his life that day. It was good times. Next time I'll pack a flash light :)

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I still want to do that hike again that we did last year, but time is slipping by so fast. This looks like a fun one too.

Laurann said...

Aubrey the hike we did and Elephant Rock hike are the same hike. We should plan a day! I am going to call you and make it happen!