The words family vacation may in fact be scary for some people. The thought of spending numerous days with your family in a remote place together may cause some people anxiety. When my mother decided she wanted our entire family to go on a vacation together I slightly anxious about it but ended up having a great time.

My mom decided she wanted us to have the opportunity to learn more about our Taylor family heritage. Her parents, my Taylor grandparents passed away years ago. I believe I was 8 when my grandpa passed away and still in high school when my grandmother died. If my grandpa were still alive he would have celebrated his 100th birthday this year. He was such an amazing man. He served his God, his country and his community only because he wanted to be a good man. Several stories were told of his devotion, loyalty and love for those he served. I hope that his legacy lives on. My sister Colette's post titled The Legacy explains why my grandpa Taylor was such an amazing man.


We spent a short time at fish lake close to where my grandparents lived, we stopped in the town where they used to live and spent time at Capitol Reef national park and Goblin Valley. For many years of his life my grandpa managed cattle in the desert. The registered brand of my grandpa was the box bar brand. All of us wore t-shirts with my grandpa's brand..box bar. It was the catalyst of creating some really great memories.


I love my mom very much for making all of us go on a family vacation. We all grew closer together and gained a greater understanding of our heritage.

My mom decided she wanted us to have the opportunity to learn more about our Taylor family heritage. Her parents, my Taylor grandparents passed away years ago. I believe I was 8 when my grandpa passed away and still in high school when my grandmother died. If my grandpa were still alive he would have celebrated his 100th birthday this year. He was such an amazing man. He served his God, his country and his community only because he wanted to be a good man. Several stories were told of his devotion, loyalty and love for those he served. I hope that his legacy lives on. My sister Colette's post titled The Legacy explains why my grandpa Taylor was such an amazing man.
We spent a short time at fish lake close to where my grandparents lived, we stopped in the town where they used to live and spent time at Capitol Reef national park and Goblin Valley. For many years of his life my grandpa managed cattle in the desert. The registered brand of my grandpa was the box bar brand. All of us wore t-shirts with my grandpa's brand..box bar. It was the catalyst of creating some really great memories.

I love my mom very much for making all of us go on a family vacation. We all grew closer together and gained a greater understanding of our heritage.








1 comment:
It was a fun vacation! It's great to see your photos. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment