Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cooking Class


One of my new year's goals was to take a cooking class. I signed up for a bread making class at Gregory's Wheat Shop where I bought my Bosch. The class was okay. The lady may have talked a little more than she cooked.. hehe! Defeats the purpose of a cooking class just a little. :) I did however learn how to make fresh stove top jam. It is pretty easy and totally delish!!! Another resolutions down. Several more to go....

Stove Top Jam

3 cups any type of fruit (can be fresh or frozen)
3/4 cup of sugar
zest of 1/2 a lemon (can use more if you'd like)
lemon juice of 1/2 a lemon (can use more if you'd like)
cover with water boil for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours (stir occasionally)
mash with potato masher
add about 1 TB sure gel to thicken
serve warm or cold
keeps in refrigerator about a week..do not freeze!

No comments: