Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independance Day

Yesterday, I had the most overwhelming gratitude come over me when I started thinking about the 4th of July and the purpose of why we celebrate it. I couldn't stop thinking of all the freedoms I enjoy. I woke up around 11 o'clock in the morning. Did some laundry, sat outside on my deck, and started remodeling my kitchen. All things I did in the luxury of my own my. My very own home. Then I took a warm indoor shower, listened to my music while I got ready in my very own bathroom. Drove my car to a friends house, sat in her backyard, ate all the food I wanted. Then I walked over to the park, wrapped up in a warm blanket and watch fireworks all night long. It was such a simple day but a day filled with tasks that are the complete benefit of the men and women who sacrificed their lives and their liberties to make this the United States a free country. A place where everyone is free to pursue life, love and happiness. God bless America!

No comments: