I didn't ever write about Thanksgiving. I didn't mean to not write. I have just been a slacker. I had an awesome Thanksgiving this year. It was so much fun. Austin and Alysha, Colette and Aaron, Monica and Scott with all of their children and I went to my parents house in Morgan for Thanksgiving. We started off the day of course with some baking to prepare for the meal. Around 10:30 in the morning some of us took off to hike to the "M" in Morgan on the hill. It was something I wanted to do so I wouldn't feel so guilty for completing pigging out later that day. When we got back I hurried and showered and we all sat down for the meal. It was yum yum yummy and I ate like a queen. The traditional afternoon Thanksgiving nap was next. We watched movies and hung out. Then later that night I joined the Little family for the gingerbread house decorating party. I invite myself every year. Quite nice of me I think. They are gracious enough to let me come.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. You get to be with family and friends. There's no presents and no expectations (well expect for the food). I love being able to relax and express gratitude for the things I feel. I am grateful for so much in my life. My family, my testimony that God is real, my belief that the gospel is true, my health, my house, my intelligence, my learning, my career, my friends, my life....it is a great one. I want for nothing more!








No comments:
Post a Comment