
The Race for the Cure was on May 8th this year. My sister Colette and my sister in law Kim came down to participate with me this year. We had a sleepover at my house the night before. Did a last minute shopping trip to Target and grabbed some ice cream. I had talked with Colette and Kim about the race's I had done before. The Race for the Cure is my most favorite race I have ever done. Ever year I ended up running with tears regardless of how hard I try to stay composed. My family kind of made fun of me for saying the race always made me emotional. Colette, Kim and I were walking to the starting line and I looked over a both of them. I was stunned to see they were both trying to hold back the tears and were becoming emotional before the race even began. It was really cool. I'm happy they made it done and had a good experience. Hopefully it can become a tradition for the rest of our lives. To all of those who suffer, or know someone who has suffered from the awful breast cancer disease. The race is for you and you will always be in my prayers.
Colette and Kim both ran for people they new personally in their lives who had been plagued by breast cancer. I love to see people show they care.








1 comment:
I'm glad we got to meet up even if it was only for a minute. That was such a hectic day.
Post a Comment