Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brandi Carlile

A few months ago one of my bosses started talking about Brandi Carlile. He kept talking about how much he loved her and thought she was one of the best singers/song writers of all time. I thought to myself, what could be the big deal? He went to one of her concerts and said it changed his life so, out of curiosity I search some of her music and found that I kind of agreed with him, which I sometimes don't love to admit. So since then I have listened to the music of hers on my ipod quite often. Well, last week I got a text message from the radio station 101.9 the End saying if you want to hear Brandi Carlile play live in the Endzone text back Endzone and your name. I sent a text with my name and then I thought, "that would kind of be really cool to see her so I sent another text saying, "So, I was wondering, if I send my name in a million times to see Brandi Carlile will I have more of a chance to win." I got a reply back saying we did not understand your message please visit our website for rules of the contest. Blast, I thought to myself and just for good measure I sent one my text just with my name. I didn't hear anything from the radio station until later that night. They called and said I was invited to see Brandi play live in the Endzone!! Mostly, I was the happiest girl in the world. I was so excited. So, Bri and I went down for our lunch break and had pizza and soda provided by the station with about 20 other people and listened to Brandi chat and play for about an hour. It was awesome. She truly is amazing and one of my newest found favorite artists. If you get a chance to see her or buy any of her music..don't hesitate just do it. I promise you won't regret the decision!

No comments: